Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

My Sweet Nashville


A lifetime of wanting to meet you and now that I have, I will never be the same. Growing up with country music and watching old westerns with my grandpa, a part of me somehow believed that by connecting with this city I would somehow magically connect with him again. My expectations were far surpassed and I was pleasantly surprised that he wasn't the only connection my heart felt. Dreams, hopes, love, God- my cup overflowed and I am eternally grateful. Nashville, you have a sweet spot in my heart forever.

Because I could go on and on, here are some pictures :)

Graceland was absolutely surreal. It seemed that a day there just wasn't enough time.

Possibly thee most incredible feeling in the world and without a doubt, the most incredible experience during my time here. Playing Elvis's piano at Studio B. This was his favorite studio in Nashville and he recorded 264 of his songs here! My heart was pounding out of my chest- I physically couldn't breathe when I sat down- it was so unexpectedly emotional for me. I will never ever forget this moment and how it felt running my fingers along the keys of the piano where Elvis recorded some of the greatest songs of all time.

While I was here at the studio I thought about my grandpa so much. It still has all of the original recording equipment! There was just so much history here and I felt it with each step I took. Some of his favorite artists like Waylon Jennings and Roy Orbison spent a lot of time here recording. Ahh.. such bliss.

At the Grand Ole Opry! After each experience it was like, "Oh this trip can't get any better, it just can't!" And then it would...

It was just THAT good.

Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment